Lean Six Sigma for Good: Lessons from the Gemba (Volume 1)
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2019-09-30
About the Book
After writing the first book about why Lean and Six Sigma practitioners should volunteer their skills to help nonprofits (free to download), I wanted to give more tangible and real-life examples of how these tools and techniques can be applied.
I've reached out to friends and colleagues who are already volunteering their time, and asked them to write a chapter for this first volume, called "Lessons Learned from the Gemba."
This book will continue to grow, as more and more volunteers share their experiences. We will update the book with each new chapter released (one piece flow), instead of waiting for all the chapters to be completed (batch).
Each author has agreed to donate 100% of any donations or book proceeds to the nonprofit of their choice. The proceeds will be split evenly based on when the book was sold, and how many chapters were in the book. If you know someone who would like to contribute, please have them contact us at LeanSixSigmaForGood.com
Listen to a free chapter, or download the PDF at http://leansixsigmaenvironment.org/index.php/ec-039-applying-lean-six-sigma-to-a-nonprofit-fundraiser-conference/
- Joe Hnat: Can a Corporate Employee Garden Feed the Hungry?
- Pat O’Connor: Lessons from a Flag Program and Ushering
- Andrew Parris: International Relief and Development Improvement
- Mark Novak: Leaning Out Disaster Relief
- Brion Hurley: Applying Lean Six Sigma to a Nonprofit Fundraiser Conference
- Kieran Mohammed: Performance Improvement journeyman; from manufacturing to government and nonprofits
- Brent Weichers: Training and Implementing Lean with a Blind Workforce
- Philip Washburn: Continuous Improvement in Affordable Housing Development
- Resources and Next Steps
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.