The Lean Change Method
The Lean Change Method
Managing Agile Organizational Transformation Using Kanban, Kotter, and Lean Startup Thinking
About the Book
The Lean Change Method is a practical how-to guide for anyone wanting to transform their technology business.
Co-Create Your Change
The Lean Change method will teach you collaborative and innovative techniques to manage Agile change.
Validate Your Transformation
Learn how to systematically test your change plan and iterate based on just-in-time feedback.
- Who Is the Lean Change Method for?
- Focus Is on Practice Not Theory
- This Book Assumes That the Reader Has Knowledge of Various Lean and Agile Techniques, Terms, and Buzzwords
- A Brief Thank You to the Giants Who Have Inspired This Method
- A Quick Blurb on Copyright/Legalese
- What Is the Current Status of Lean Change?
- Book Summary
- The Lean Change Method Is Still a Work in Progress
I The Core Method
1 Explaining the Lean Change Method
- Managing Agile Change
- Managing Agile Change Using Lean Thinking
- Managing Change through the Kotter Eight Steps of Change Lifecycle
- Managing Change Like a Startup
- Managing Change Flow through Kanban
- Key Principles behind Lean Change
2 Managing Change with a Change Canvas
- Communicate Your Change Plan Using a Change Canvas
- Co-Create Your Change Plan through Negotiated Change
3 Building a Minimum Viable Change
- Reduce the Scope of Your Change to Make It Minimal
- Introduce Improvement Experiments to Validate That Your Change Is Viable
4 The Validated Change Lifecycle
- Introducing the Validated Change Lifecycle
- Agree on the Urgency of Change
- Negotiate the Change Solution
- Validate Adoption
- Verifying Performance
- Looking at How the Canvas Evolves through the Lifecycle
- Communicating Information Coming Out Of the Validated Change Lifecycle
- 1 Explaining the Lean Change Method
II Advanced Techniques and Topics
5 Exploring The Change Canvas In Detail
- Change Participants
- Target Options
- Success Criteria
- Techniques to Consider
- Agreeing on the Urgency of Change
- Negotiating a Change Solution
- Validating That Change Recipients Can Adopt
- Verifying That Performance Is Improving
6 A Pattern Language for Agile Change
- The Agile Change Patterns Shift the Focus of Learning Depending on Where You Are in Your Agile Transformation
- The Quick Win
- Kernel Pilot
- Kernel Adoption
- Capability Modernization
- 5 Exploring The Change Canvas In Detail
III Managing Enterprise Transformations
7 The Transformation Canvas
- The Purpose of the Transformation Canvas
- Traversing the Canvas Based on Risk
- Prioritizing MVCs For a Transformation
8 Enterprise Transformation Cadence Model
- Overall Cadence Model
- Change Agent Standup
- Sponsor and Stakeholder Update
- Change Agent Planning
- Insight Analysis
- Reprioritizing and Changing the MVC Backlog
- Validate and Refresh Change Canvas
- Transformation Canvas Refresh
- Update and Share Metrics
- Traditional Approaches to Technology Delivery Is No Longer Suited to Today’s Market
- Agile Transformation Is Extremely Hard
- 7 The Transformation Canvas
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.