About the Book
This book was published incrementally during 2012, and is now complete, with the best posts and commentary from Mark Graban's www.LeanBlog.org.
- Posts from Mark's first trip to Japan
- Highlights and notes from conferences, including Society for Health Systems, the Lean Healthcare Transformation Summit, Northeast Shingo Prize, Lab Quality Confab, and The Lean Startup Conference
- Posts about "kaizen" or "good change" - the practice of continuous improvement in Lean settings
- Posts about Lean Healthcare
- Essays about Lean concepts in everyday settings ranging from the kitchen, to airports, and other businesses
- Some early "Lean Memes" or funny images and pop culture references related to Lean
If reading on an iPad or connected e-Reader, the book contains hyperlinks to sources, articles, and videos that can be viewed when online.
About the Author
Mark Graban is an internationally-recognized consultant, author, professional speaker, and blogger. Mark is also a Senior Advisor to the technology company KaiNexus. For his full bio, visit www.MarkGraban.com.
He is the author of the book Lean Hospitals, which was the first healthcare book selected for as a recipient of the Shingo Research and Professional Publication Award. Mark has also co-authored Healthcare Kaizen and was the editor of the anthology Practicing Lean, which was published through LeanPub.