A Collection of Laravel Tutorials (The Book + Blog Posts)
Last updated on 2018-05-02
About the Book
A programmer guides an another programmer to build stuff.
This book represents my two year effort to teach others how to build web sites and web applications using Laravel framework. It is a great starting point if you want to jump straight to the thing that interests you.
All tutorials in this book come with a working code repository on GitHub. Throughout the whole book you will find tips to expand your knowledge on a topic. Each chapter comes with a commit that shows the changes that have been made in it. No need to read the whole book. Find a tutorial that interests you and start reading.
- Building and documenting an API with Laravel
- Most popular tutorial on JWT for Lumen
- Homestead or Laragon, pick one and start building
- Testing with Codeception on Laravel and Lumen
Forms and Validation
Learn how to create and validate forms. Includes tutorials on validating form arrays and different ways of validating data.
Compiling Frontend Assets
Learn how to use Laravel Mix to compile frontend assets. Also, learn how to use Laravel Mix or Laravel Elixir without Laravel.
Mulitilingual Web Applications
Learn how to create multilingual web application with Laravel. From simple text localization to database model translations.
Deployment with Envoy
Learn everything about Laravel Envoy with practical examples. There is also a tutorial on deploying a Laravel app from GitHub to Heroku.
Database and Eloquent ORM
Learn all about pagination presenters and how to paginate a collection of different models. Also, learn different ways of deleting records.
For the brave, there are a couple of tutorials on installing Nginx, PHP7, obtaining certificates with Let's encrypt and bash scripting.
The Book + Blog Posts
You get the book with all the tutorials inside, plus a smaller book that contains all blog posts that were published on Laravelista from 2014 to 2018.
You get the book with all the tutorials inside.
Clear and Easy
The book is clear and easy to understand, I found some useful stuff like setting up Laravel on shared hosting, RSS, and sitemap.
- About the Author
- About the Book
- Elementary Laravel
- Laravel on Windows with Homestead
- Laravel on Windows with Laragon
- Configure Laravel 5 for Shared Hosting
The HTTP Layer
- Handling Nested Resources
- Route Caching in Laravel
- Laravel Forms & HTML
- Different ways of validating requests
- Validating Form Arrays
- Creating Custom Validation Rules
Frontend: Compiling Assets
- Sublimely Magnificent Laravel Mix
- Laravel Mix Without Laravel
- Laravel Elixir Without Laravel
- Sitemap for better SEO
- RSS feed for news readers
- Newsletter subscription with MailChimp
- PHPUnit Code Coverage Analysis
- Creating a Sitemap with Bard 2.0
- Bard 2.0 and Laravel
- Multilingual Web Application with Laravel
- Laravel API 101
- Write better API documentation with API Blueprint
Database & Eloquent ORM
- Paginating a collection of different models
- MySQL ON DELETE CASCADE or SET NULL
- Dropping a composite primary key on a pivot table
- Understanding Pagination Presenters
- Laravel 5 with Codeception
- Lumen 5 with Codeception
- Deploy Laravel with Envoy
- Advanced Laravel Envoy
- Deploying a Laravel App from GitHub to Heroku
- Bash Scripting Introduction
- Upgrade to PHP 7 on Ubuntu 14.04
- Secure Nginx with Let’s Encrypt on Ubuntu 14.04
- Using SSH to execute commands on a remote server
- JSON Web Token Authentication for Lumen REBOOT
- What is a canonical tag?
- Loading your own fork of a third party library
- The End
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...