Getting Started with Kanban
Last updated on 2013-06-06
About the Book
Finding ways to do things more efficiently is becoming a necessity - no matter what business you’re in. While Lean methodologies were developed in manufacturing environments, many Lean principles can be applied to any kind of business or activity; from software development to accounting systems to household chores.This short book introduces the core concepts of kanban and offers a step by step guide to getting started with kanban. This is a good place to start if you're interested in learning the Kanban Method. Using the lessons in this book, you will be able to begin using kanban to improve your process quality, visibility, and predictability. It's designed to be just enough to get you started with Kanban for organizing and improving software or other types of projects.
- 1 Getting started with Kanban
- 1.1 What is the Kanban Method?
- 1.2 Using the Kanban Method
- Does the Kanban Method apply to me?
- How can it help me?
- What will I have to change?
- 1.3 How Do I Get Started Using Kanban?
- Get all the Stakeholders on Board
- Map Your Workflow
- Visualize Work in Process
- Set Your Initial WIP Limits
- Decide How to Set Priorities
- Get Kanban Working
- Look for Bottlenecks
- Inspect and Adapt
- Interpreting a Cumulative Flow Diagram
- 1.4 Advanced Kanban Topics
- 2 Bonus Material - Personal Kanban
Right the Wronghttp://www.oxfamamerica.org
Oxfam America is a global organization working to right the wrongs of poverty, hunger, and injustice. We save lives, develop long-term solutions to poverty, and campaign for social change. As one of 17 members of the international Oxfam confederation, we work with people in more than 90 countries to create lasting solutions.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...