Build a Multilingual Website with Joomla! 2.5
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2013-10-28
About the Book
Joomla! 2.5 is an amazing content management system. It has introduced multilingual features natively. In earlier versions of Joomla!, you had to use third-party extensions to make your site's content multilingual. In Joomla! 2.5, you don't need third party extension to do so. However, configuring a site to use more than one language and showing its content in more than one language is not so easy task. Many Joomla! developers face difficulties in configuring the site for multiple languages. This guide aims to solve the problems and show you how to configure your Joomla! 2.5 site for multiple languages.
- What this book covers
- What you need for this book
- Who this book is for
- Want to say something about the book?
- Found error?
- Pirates, ho?
Chapter 1. Getting Started with Joomla! 2.5
- What is Joomla?
- What are the main features of Joomla?
- What can I do with Joomla?
- How much it cost?
- What do I need to use Joomla!?
- Setting a Development Environment
Joomla! Installation - Step by Step
- Step 1. Getting Joomla!
- Step 2: Setting Database
- Step 3. Uploading Installation Files
Step 4. Starting Joomla! Installation
- Install Step 1: Language
- Install Step 2: Pre-installation check
- Install Step 3. License
- Install Step 4. Database Settings
- Install Step 5. FTP Configuration
- Install Step 6. Main Configuration
- Install Step 7. Finish
Chapter 2. Basic Configuration and Management of Joomla! 2.5
- Control Panel
- Site tab
- System tab
- Server tab
- Permissions tab
- Managing Categories
- Creating New Article
- Deleting Articles
- Featured Articles
- Managing Extensions
Chapter 3. Managing Site Languages
- Using Language Manager
- Installing new language pack
Chapter 4. Managing Content Languages
- Adding Content Language
- Editing a Content Language information
Chapter 5. Managing Contents
- Creating Categories for English language
- Creating Categories for Italian language
- Writing Articles
- Category Management
Chapter 6. Managing Modules and Plugins
- Activating System Plugin
Setting Menus and Menu Module
- Creating Menu Items for English
- Creating Menu Items for Italian
- Publishing Menu Module
- Making other menus language specific
- Testing for Language specific modules
Language Switcher Module
- Test for Multi-language
Chapter 7. Translating Site Language
- Editing Language Files Directly
Using Translation Tools
- Translate helper
- Missing T
Chapter 8. Translating Contents
- Using MultiTrans
- Using GTranslate
- Using FaLang
- Creating Content Elements for FaLang
- Automatic Translation
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.