Quick Tips for all Levels of Developers
About the Book
Bundles that include this book
Table of Contents
- A Note About appendChild() and insertBefore()
- previousElementSibling / nextElementSibling
- Getting Image Widths
- The void Operator for IIFEs
- Function as Second Argument for String.replace()
- DOM Collections
- Colors with getComputedStyle()
- event.target vs. event.currentTarget
- Using Array.splice()
- The form.submit() and form.reset() Methods
- Converting an Array-like Object to an Array
- JSON.parse() and JSON.stringify()
- Property Access on Strings
- The Screen API
disabledAttribute for Stylesheets and Scripts
- useCapture with addEventListener()
- HTML Elements as Global Variables
- The scrollHeight Property
- classList.toggle() with Boolean Force
- The beforeprint and afterprint Events
- Radio Buttons and the change Event
- “splat” an Array in ES5 vs. ES6
- Spread Operator vs. Rest Parameters
- insertAdjacentElement() and insertAdjacentText()
- Detecting Shift/CTRL/ALT/Meta Keys
- Expando Properties
- form.length / select.length
- The eventPhase Property
- window.open() and window.opener
- Attribute Collections as NamedNodeMaps
- Blank Lines
- Disabling the Context Menu
- Queueing Items in an Array
- text.wholeText Property
- Modern Cookie Limitations
- Commenting Confusing Code
- Assigning Anonymous, Immediately Invoked Functions to Variables
- The storage Event
- String Creation Using fromCharCode()
- Template Literals
- Tagged Template Literals
- The Range API
- defaultChecked on Radio Buttons and Checkboxes
- Using Negative Values with Array.prototype.slice()
- Performance Testing with console.time() and console.timeEnd()
- Dynamic Downloads with Data URIs and the download Attribute
- Math.abs() Behavior with Different Values
- The nodeValue property
- Using the debugger Statement
- innerHTML and HTML Entities
- More Weekly Tips!
- About the Author
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 million USDwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them