About the Book
If you're the Batman, this could be your Batman's utility belt
A good pratical cookbook, easy-to-understand
I liked this ebook, full of tips about Strings, Numbers, Arrays, Objects, Functions and some extras, it's a good pratical cookbook and easy-to-understand each example for beginning lay and more advanced developers.
Amazing book and worth every penny of investment
I found it incredible! It was worth every penny of my investment. There are useful tips that made me save hours of work and, of course, I learned more about this language.
- About this book’s audience
- How to read this book
Chapter 1: String Tips
- Creating slug strings using regex
- Interpolating data in a string
- Repeating Strings in a Row
- Differences between substring() and substr()
- Capitalizing strings
- Editing query strings in the browser
- Three ways to convert string to array
- Applying replace all
- Searching for words in an object’s attributes
- Extracting content from string HTML tags
Chapter 2: Number Tips
- Casting number to currency’s number
- Casting string to numbers using operator +
- Casting date to numbers using the same operator +
- Rounding numbers using operator ~~
- Checking if number is odd or even
- Calculating the age of a date like a boss
Chapter 3: Array Tips
- Randomize in an array
- Shuffling array items
- Converting nodelist to array
- Array truncation
- Sorting numerical arrays in one line of code
- Only unique items in the array
- Getting the difference between two arrays
- Concatenating Multiple Arrays
- Clearing dirty values from an array
- Calculating average in a row
- Checking if an element exists
- Moving first item to last position
- Moving the last item to the first position
- Exchanging values between two variables
- Mapping values using Array.from()
- Cloning Arrays Correctly
- Flattening arrays natively
Chapter 4: Object Tips
- Properties filtering using shorthand value
- Merging objects
- Max and min number in one line of code
- Converting objects to key-value’s arrays
Chapter 5: Function Tips
- Forcing properties required
- When not use arrow functions
- Running multiple functions in parallel
- Sleep function using Promises + async/await
- Optional catch binding
Chapter 6: Bonus Tips
- Regular expression capture groups
- Use === instead of ==
- Simplifying false value comparisons
- null vs undefined
- Exploring console module
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.