About the Book
This book is not the first book about Java 8 lambda expressions and streams, and it's definitely not the last book about lambda expressions and streams. Java 8 is a Java platform upgrade which the community looking forward to for a long time. Lambda expressions and streams quickly gain popularity in Java developers. There are already a lot of books and online tutorials about lambda expressions and streams. This book is trying to explain lambda expressions and streams from a different perspective.
- For lambda expressions, this book explains in details based on JSR 335.
- For streams, this book covers fundamental concepts of Java core library.
- This book provides how-to examples for lambda expressions and streams.
- This book also covers the important utility class Optional.
Lambda expressions and streams are easy to understand and use. This book tries to provide some insights about how to use them efficiently.
About the Author
Full-stack software developer and content creator.
- Understanding the Java 7: the Core techniques and best practice (Simplified Chinese edition) covers Java SE 7 new features and deep dive of Java platform core features.
- Build Mobile Apps with Ionic 2 and Firebase covers building mobile apps using Ionic 2 and Firebase.
- Exploring Java 9 covers Java 9 module system and other new features.
- A regular author on IBM developerWorks China and InfoQ China website with more than 50 published technical articles covering various technical topics.