iSAQB® Software Architecture Foundation
iSAQB® Software Architecture Foundation
CPSA-F® Exam Study Guide
About the Book
This book serves as study guide for the iSAQB e.V. CPSA-F (Certified Professional for Software Architecture - Foundation Level) examination.
- explains the CPSA-Foundation curriculum in version 2021.1
- covers every learning goal - for best-possible exam preparation
- describes the examination process
- contains dozens of sample examination questions
- contains an extensive glossary of important terms
It explains many (examination-relevant) fundamentals, and assumes working knowledge and experience in practical software development.
- Upcoming (print) book
- Quick Overview
Part I: Introduction
- About Software Architecture
- About this book
- About iSAQB
- About Certification
- iSAQB Foundation
- iSAQB Examination Overview
- Preparation for the Foundation-Level Examination
Part II: CPSA-F Learning Goals explained
- How Learning-Goals are explained
- List of Learning Goals
CPSA-F Chapter 1: Basic Concepts of Software Architecture
- LG 1-1: Definitions of Software Architecture
- LG 1-2: Goals and Benefits of Software Architecture
- LG 1-3: Software Architecture in the Software Lifecycle
- LG 1-4: Software architects’ tasks and responsibilities
- LG 1-5: Software architects and other stakeholders
- LG 1-6: Development approach and software architecture
- LG 1-7: Short- and long-term goals
- LG 1-8: Explicit statements versus implicit assumptions
- LG 1-9: Software architects in the greater architectural context
- LG 1-10: Types of IT systems
- LG 1-11: Distributed systems
CPSA-F Chapter 2: Design and Development of Software Architectures
- LG 2-1 Approaches and heuristics for architecture development
- LG 2-2: Design software architectures
- LG 2-3: Influencing factors and constraints
- LG 2-4: Cross-cutting concepts
- LG 2-5: Patterns
- LG 2-6: Design principles
- LG 2-7: Managing Dependencies
- LG 2-8: Achieve Quality Requirements
- LG 2-9: Design and Define Interfaces
CPSA-F Chapter 3: Specification and Communication of Software Architectures
- LG 3-1: Quality Requirements for Technical Documentation
- LG 3-2: Describe and Communicate Software Architectures
- LG 3-3: Models and Notations to Describe Software Architectures
- LG 3-4: Architectural Views
- LG 3-5: Context View
- LG 3-6: Document Cross-cutting Concepts
- LG 3-7: Describe Interfaces
- LG 3-8: Document Architectural Decisions
- LG 3-9: Documentation as Written Communication
- LG 3-10: Resources and Tools for Documentation
CPSA-F Chapter 4: Software Architecture and Quality
- LG 4-1: Quality Models and Quality Characteristics
- LG 4-2: Clarify Quality Requirements
- LG 4-3: Qualitative analysis
- LG 4-4: Quantitative Evaluation
CPSA-F Chapter 5: Examples of Software Architecture
- LG 5-1: From Requirements to Solution
- LG 5-2: Rationale of a Technical Implementation
Part III: Background
- Additional Patterns
- Appropriateness: It Always Depends…
Part IV: Moving On
- Advanced Level Modules
- Advanced Level Certification
Part V: Appendices
- Appendix A: About the Authors
- Appendix B: Glossary of Terms
- Appendix C: References and Further Reading
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.