This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2014-06-30
About the Book
When we talk about software craftsmanship we always talk about techniques revolving around the act of software creation; how to write clean code, how to test drive, etc.
A professional software craftsman has many tools under his belt. Many are technical in nature, but many others are considered soft skills. This book focuses on one such soft skill; The Inception Workshop.
You can use this book as a guide to help you start your next project, generating the insights you need to really leverage your teams capacity to add value to your customers product.
With the Inception Workshop you will be able to shed light into the uncertainty of a starting project, build a common language and understand your customers needs.
This book is for you if:
- you consider that you are more than just a typist writing in a different language
- you think that you can add more value to your customers by understanding what they want
- you are a the technical lead of a project
- you are managing a software project
"This book is based on my experieces facilitating a myriad of inception workshops for startups, the government, projects and products." ~ Enrique Comba Riepenhausen
The Art of the Start
- What is an Inception Workshop?
- Why an Inception Workshop?
Structuring an Inception Workshop
- Choosing the Right Environment
- Facilitating Inception Workshop
- Selecting Activities
- Activity: Who is in the room?
- Activity: The rules of the Game
- Activity: Why are we here?
- Activity: Create an Elevator Pitch
- Activity: Design a Product Box
- Activity: Create a NOT List
- Activity: Meet your Community
- Activity: What Keeps you Up at Night?
- Activity: Show the Solution
- Activity: Give your App some Personality
- Activity: Let’s make it flow
- Activity: Wireframing
- Activity: Story Mapping
- Activity: What’s Going to Give?
- Activity: What’s Going to Take?
- Wrapping Up
- Appendix A: The User Persona
- Appendix B: The Design Persona
- Appendix C: Wire-framing
- Appendix D: Story Mapping
- Appendix E: Remote Inception Workshops
- Articles & Blogs
Cover Art & Illustrations
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...