Immutable Infrastructure With Netflix OSS
Last updated on 2015-07-02
About the Book
*** UPDATE 2016-03-25 ***
Asgard was a core focus in the original text and has since officially entered maintenance status with the Netflix OSS team. This text is receiving an overhaul and moving to a Spinnaker-focused implementation.
This book gives concrete examples for transtitioning to (or building) immutable infrastructure with the help of Netflix Open Source Software. You will learn about core software available from Netflix OSS, basic configurations, and how to quickly get up and running in AWS using these tools.Chapters (Tentative):
- Immutable Infrastructure - Summary information and introduction to concepts supporting the goals of the text
- Netflix Open Source Software - Introduction to Netflix OSS and core projects that are necessary for immutable infrastructure in AWS
- AMI generation - Review 'baking' and tools for doing so
- Getting started with Asgard - Introduction to Asgard
- Transitioning to Netflix OSS - Concepts and considerations before and during a transition to immutable infrastructure with Netflix OSS
- Build AMIs - Infrastructure as code and possibilities for generating AMIs given an already existent project
- Asgard usage - Moving an existing project into AWS with Netflix OSS and Asgard
- Atlas - Deployment and general monitoring with Atlas
- Simian Army - Useful Simians for your infrastructure
- Additional projects and next steps - Netflix OSS solutions that are beyond the scope of this text, but very much worth your investigation
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...