High Performance in-memory computing with Apache Ignite (The Book with code samples)
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2017-11-23
About the Book
"As one of the original creators of the Apache Ignite project, I really enjoyed reading this book. The coding examples are nice and descriptive. Ignite components are described in an easy to understand language. Great work by the authors!" -- Dmitriy Setrakyan, founder of the Apache Ignite project.
The goal of the book is to provide a guide for those who really need to implement the In-memory platform in their projects. At the same time, the idea behind the book is not writing a manual.
This book covers a verity of topics, including in-memory data grid, highly available service grid, streaming (event processing for IoT and fast data) and in-memory computing use cases from high-performance computing to get performance gains. Recommended by the Apache Ignite, this book will be particularly useful for those, who have the following use cases:
- You have a high volume of ACID transactions in your system.
- You have database bottleneck in your application and want to solve the problem.
- You want to develop and deploy Microservices in a distributed fashion.
- You have an existing Hadoop ecosystem (OLAP) and want to improve the performance of map/reduce jobs without making any changes in your existing map/reduce jobs.
- You want to share Spark RDD directly in-memory (without storing the state into the disk), which can dramatically increase the performance of the Spark jobs.
- You are planning to migrate to microservices and the web session clustering is the problem for you.
- You are planning to process continuous never-ending streams and complex events of data in a scalable and fault-tolerant fashion.
- You want to use distributed computations in parallel fashion to gain high performance, low latency, and linear scalability.
- You want to accelerate applications performance without changing code.
What you will learn:
- In-memory data fabrics use-cases and how it can help you to develop near real-time applications.
- In-memory data fabrics detail architecture.
- Caching strategies and how to use In-memory caching to improve the performance of the applications.
- SQL grid for in-memory caches.
- How to accelerates the performance of your existing Hadoop ecosystem without changing any code.
- Sharing Spark RDD states between different Spark applications for improving performance.
- Processing events & streaming data, integrate Apache Ignite with other frameworks like Storm, Camel, etc.
- Using distributed computing for building low-latency software.
- Developing distributed Microservices in fault-tolerant fashion.
See the table of contents for more details.
For every topic, a complete application is delivered, which will help the audience to quick start with the topic. The book is a project-based guide, where each chapter focuses on the complete implementation of a real-world scenario, the commonly occurring challenges in each scenario has also discussed, along with tips and tricks and best practices on how to overcome them. Every chapter is independent and a complete project.
Target audience of this book will be IT architect, team leaders, a programmer with minimum programming knowledge, who want to get the maximum performance from their applications.
No excessive knowledge is required, though it would be good to be familiar with JAVA and Spring framework. The book is also useful for any reader, who already familiar with Oracle Coherence, Hazelcast, Infinispan or memcached.
If you are not sure if this book is for you, I suggest you to read the sample chapter of the book. Anyway, I encourage you to try it out, and if you don't like the book, you can always ask a 100% refund within 45 days.
Learn more about Apache Ignite at: http://frommyworkshop.blogspot.com
The Book with code samples
The book in pdf, epub, mobi. The source code is available at https://github.com/srecon/ignite-book-code-samples.
Pack of 2 copies with discount
Pack of 2 copies
Pack of 5 copies for a team with discount
Pack of 5 copies for a team
Founder of the Apache Ignite project
As one of the original creators of the Apache Ignite project, I really enjoyed reading this book. The coding examples are nice and descriptive. Ignite components are described in an easy to understand language. Great work by the authors!
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms