About the Book
Github repository update May 25, 2023:
- Updated all code examples to use latest Hy language version 0.26.0
- Added a chapter with examples using Open AI GPT-3.5 APIs
- Added a chapter using the LangChain library
While this is a book on the Hy Lisp language.
In addition to being a tutorial and cookbook on using the Hy language, longer examples explore a variety of different applications and tools. The current structure of the book is:
- Introduction to the Hy Language
- Why use Lisp? Advantages of bottom up development using macros and closures
- Relational databases
- Web app development
- Web scraping
- Using the Bing search APIs
- Accessing semantic web and linked data sources like Wikipedia, DBpedia, and Wikidata
- Automatically constructing Knowledge Graphs from text documents, semantic web and linked data
- Deep Learning (predictive model from spreadsheet data and a LSTM-based English text language model)
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) using Deep Learning
- Creating Knowledge Graphs from text data
- Hy language implementation of the author's Knowledge Graph Navigator project
- OpenAI GPT-3.5 APIs
About the Author
Mark Watson is a consultant specializing in deep learning, machine learning, knowledge graphs, and general artificial intelligence software development. He uses Common Lisp, Clojure, Python, Java, Haskell, and Ruby for development.
Mark's consulting customer list includes: Google, Capital One, Olive AI, CompassLabs, Disney, Sitescout.com, Embed.ly, and Webmind Corporation.