About the Book
If you have ever wondered, what do you mean by that? This is the book for you.
This book puts examples at the forefront.
Instead of test theory being front and centre, with maybe an example or two if you’re lucky, this book makes examples the focus.
- The scenarios/features/sites that need to be tested (the example)
- Which test heuristics we would apply, why and how
- Any assumptions we would make (which of course should be communicated)
- How we would limit scope and why
- Tools we would utilise (with links to read up on those tools)
It’s like we are right there with you!
But in eBook format.
- Chapter 1: How Can I Test Sign-In for an E-commerce Site?
- Chapter 2: How Can I Test a Web Application That Has a Microservices Architecture?
- Chapter 3: How Can I Test an Update Booking functionality on the API of a Booking Platform?
- Chapter 4: How Can I Test Sort Functionality for a Discussion Forum?
- Chapter 5: How Can I Test a Banking Mobile Application?
- Chapter 6: How Can I Test Subscriptions Within a Mobile Application?
- Chapter 7: How Can I Test Unsubscribing From a Job Board?
- Chapter 8: How Can I Test Online Order Tracking on an E-Commerce Site? (Not included in May 2 MVP)
(Chapter 1: How Can I Test Sign-In for an E-commerce Site? is included in the free sample).
To see the testimonials, scroll down to the testimonials section.
About the Authors
Nicola Lindgren is a Senior QA Engineer/ QA Manager, based in Malmö, Sweden. She is an international conference speaker, frequent blogger and avid learner of all things testing, agile and leadership.
Nicola started two testing meetups (one in Auckland, New Zealand and one in Stockholm, Sweden), has taught software testing courses and run workshops, coached and mentored multiple testers and written for various testing publications. She has also been a co-instructor for the BBST Foundations course multiple times.
She blogs about testing, automation, personal development and agile at nicolalindgren.com.
Mike has been working in testing for 20 years and is currently the tester for Geckoboard. He has been a member of a test team, a Solo Tester and a Test Lead. He has also worked as a part of waterfall, lean and agile teams.
Mike has a B.Sc.(HONS) from Middlesex University and is an Associate of the University of Hertfordshire. He has set up and led a Testing Community of Practice and been part of a successful agile transition. He is also Programme Secretary of the British Computer Society’s Specialist Interest Group in Software Testing.
In his spare time he coaches his daughters cricket team
Mike has a blog at http://testandanalysis.home.blog/
Suman Bala is a Lead Test Architect with a passion for improvement in quality processes and is a strong believer in Test Automation. She feels proud of how people’s perspective has changed regarding testing throughout her career. She is striving to instil the idea that quality is everyone’s responsibility as opposed to merely laying it at the feet of QA. She is a co-organiser for the Ministry of Testing Buckinghamshire meet-up. She is a mentor and coach at work and within the wider testing community. She has contributed to “Testing Stories” and “How can I test” eBooks. She is co-designing and delivering the “Software Testing Bootcamp” sponsored by the West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
Phil Wong is an ordinary tester who is based in the UK. At the point this book was released, he has managed to keep this job title for about 1308 days. The first job he took on was a job board but now he has leveled up to testing mobile apps (secret project).
His day to day means wielding an iPhone and iPad in one hand, Android Tablet and Phone in the other. You can connect with this man of few words on LinkedIn.
Shawn Shaligram is a Staff Test Engineer/Manager, based in San Francisco, California. He has been a member of an agile team, a Solo Tester and an ICM leading a team of 3 testers and SDETs working primarily on mobile apps. He has also contributed to the e-book Starting Your Software Testing Career
In his spare time he plays a lot of cricket and tennis.
LinkedIn - Shawn Shaligram / https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawn-shaligram/
Twitter - Shawn Shaligram / https://twitter.com/shatelegram