About the Book
Stepping up to be a tech lead is a small step into leadership, but it may be the most important step you ever take in your career. I want to help guide you through it.
Some of the things you'll learn from this short book include:
- Whether you should even take the plunge to tech lead
- What it means to get results through others, maybe for the first time in your life
- How to focus on the process of growth more than the results
- What the tech lead role is and what tech leads do
- Navigating hard conversations
- How to listen to your team skillfully as a tech lead
- Taking initiative and being accountable as a tech lead
- How to craft clear and compelling visions for the team
- How to track and adjust what the team is doing
- And more!
About the Author
Michael Rice is a software engineer, manager, and leader. He has been writing code or managing teams since the late 1990s, having worked at companies like Intel, Accenture, Red Hat and more. He lives in the Los Angeles area.