The Happy Lambda
The Happy Lambda
Functional Programming in Ruby
About the Book
Table of Contents
1. Publish early, publish often
- 1.1 Changelog
- 2.1 Evocation
3. Functional Programming
- 3.1 What vs how
- 3.2 Functions as first class citizens
- 3.3 Higher Order Functions
- 3.4 Lack of mutable state
- 3.5 Pure functions
- 3.6 Strict and Lazy Evaluation
- 3.7 Pros and Cons
4. Building blocks
- 4.1 Methods and Functions
- 4.2 Iterators, Enumerables and Enumerators
- 4.3 Lambdas / procs / blocks
- 4.4 Lazy enumerators (to be written)
- 5.1 Value Object
- 5.2 Function Object (to be written)
- 5.3 Functional Core, Imperative Shell (to be written)
- 5.4 Collections
6. Making Ruby More Functional
- 6.1 Block and Lambda Arguments
- 6.2 Converting to Proc
- 6.3 Dropping the Ampersands
- 6.4 Function Composition
7. Runtime support
- 7.1 Applicative vs Lazy evaluation (to be written)
- 7.2 Frozen (string) literals (to be written)
- 7.3 Tail recursion / tail call optimization (to be written)
- 7.4 Garbage Collection (to be written)
- 8. Glossary
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them