Hacking with React
Last updated on 2016-05-19
About the Book
It's impossible to work on the web without having heard about React. Facebook developed it, but Airbnb are using it, as are Netflix, Uber and many more. And with good reason: React is a whole new way of developing complex web applications in a way that allows you to spend more time writing great code and less time fighting with the DOM.
I wrote Hacking with React with one goal in mind: to teach React coding in the fastest, most efficient way possible. After setting up your computer so that it's ready for development, you start coding with React immediately – there's no boring "History of web" chapter that rants on about how the internet was created. Instead, it's all code, all the time.
In short, it uses the very latest technology the web has to offer so that you learn quickly and easily.
Here are just some of the topics covered:
- How to install Webpack, Babel and React for development with ES6.
- How to create a React component and import it into an application.
- How to write JSX to render content.
- How to use props to give a component values.
- How to handle events such as onClick.
- How to use React state, and how it differs from props.
- How to fetch data from GitHub using SuperAgent and Ajax.
- How to use string interpolation and computed property names.
- How to create routes using React Router.
- How to create links between pages using <Link>.
- How to render default content using <IndexRoute>.
- How to use Jest to test React component rendering.
- How to use Jest to simulate user interface with controls.
- How to create asynchronous tests using waitFor() and runs().
- How to lint your React code using ESLint and Babel.
In short, this book is the fastest way to get up to speed with React development, and is guaranteed to jump start your learning. Even better, your purchase includes any future updates free of charge!
You can download the complete source code for the book from GitHub at https://github.com/twostraws/HackingWithReact.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...