About the Book
"Guide to Tracktion T7" is a new edition of the book "Guide to Tracktion T6." While it is very similar to the original book, it has been revised and expanded to cover the new features in T7. This book covers all the core workflows you need to get up and running with T7.
Note: New feature coverage starts at Chapter 38.
Keep in mind this is not the not an official manual. Despite that I continue to work closely with the Tracktion Software team to make it as accurate as possible. This book is does not cover 100% of features of the Tracktion DAW.
Also note that most of the graphics in the book were created using the T6 version. I expect don't plan to update the graphics to the new look unless it is significantly inconsistent with the operation of Tracktion. There are over 500 images in the book and doing a full update would delay book release by months.I suggest you refrain from doing a full printout because a new revision to the book will likely be released the next day! But of course, that's up to you.
If you find typos or misleading text, feel free to contact me through Leanpub. I always appreciate the help.
The following T7 new features are covered in the book:
- New UI Look
- Compact Toolbar
- Browser Position - Left, Right, or Top
- Multiple Synced Browser Panes
- New Zoom Tool
- Project Tab - Three Column View
- Project Tab - Edit Previews
- Project Tab - Get Demo Songs
- Drag to Set In-Marker & Out-Marker
- Auto Show Panels
- Visual Plugin Selector
- Group Clips
- Linked Clips
- Automation Patterns
- Plugin Sidechain
- First Run Setup
- Scroll Behaviour
- Track LFOs
- Clip Layer Effects
- Enhannced Plugin Racks
- CloudBounce Mastering
I am a big fan of the Leanpub concept where we get the information out fast so it can be used while the software is new. With traditional publishing the book comes out months too late. With Leanpub, we get it out fast but it's not perfect or complete at launch. If that bothers you, then wait until you see this book transitions to 100% complete. After that point, revisions will be much less frequent.
I know there is valuable information in this book for anyone who is using the Tracktion DAW, learning it, or considering it.
- As of November 2016 I consider teh book complete. I will make revisions or corrects if issue discovered or reported.
- The book is based on the first edition "Guide to Tracktion T6." I have added new sections, chapters, and edited all the text to be consistent with the latest release of T7. That said, many of the images are carried over from the T6 book In key areas, images and figures have been updated when T7 is significantly different from the previous version.
- Chapter 38 covers what's new in T7 feature by feature. This the place to start if you already familiar with T6.
- New: Chapter 39 - Visual Plugin Selector
- New: Chapter 40 - Track LFOs
- New: Chapter 41 - Clip Layer Effects
- New: Appendix B- Interview with Tracktion Creator Julian Storer