The Grails Email Confirmation Plugin
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2013-01-22
About the Book
This book is the user guide for the Email Confirmation 2.0 plugin for Grails.
Email confirmations are needed in some form in many web applications. Whether you are confirming a user's email address is valid during a signup process, authorising an action that requires higher than normal security, or offering opt-outs or other toggles via links in email.
In this short but comprehensive book the author of the plugin explains in depth how to use this plugin to:
- Send email confirmations to users for any purpose
- Receive callbacks when users confirm
- Receive callbacks when confirmations time out
- Use multiple confirmations for different functions
- Customize the email templates
- Change history
- About the author
- A word on the Grails plugin community
- Assumptions about the reader
- 1 Introduction
- What exactly does the plugin do for me?
- Installing the plugin
- The example application
- 2 Concepts and flow
- Links must be obscured and non-guessable
- Single use tokens
- Tell the user what is happening
- Invalid confirmation links must be handled gracefully
- Unused confirmations should be trackable
- Multiple concurrent confirmations per user
- Confirmations for different purposes
- The flow
- 3 Sending a confirmation
- Calling the service
- Reacting to confirmation events
- 4 Advanced confirmations
- Using application id to identify the confirmation
- Using custom events to discriminate between different confirmations
- 5 Customizing e-mail text
- Specifying a GSP view for the e-mail
- 6 Sending confirmations from plugins
- Setting the correct event namespace
- Using GSP e-mail views from plugins
- Don’t specify From: unless…
- 7 Testing and debugging
- Turning on logging
- Getting the last confirmation URL for a user
- Testing without requiring and SMTP server
- A note about Spam filters
- 8 Configuration options
- The “from” option
- Resources and links
- Other documentation
- Grailsrocks plugin news & updates
- Other Grailsrocks plugins
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.