Email the Author
You can use this page to email Hubert A. Klein Ikkink (mrhaki) about Gradle Goodness Notebook.
About the Book
In 2009 I started to write small blog posts about Gradle at Messages from mrhaki. The posts contained code samples of cool Gradle features I just didn't want to forget. The blog posts turned out to be a useful resource for people learning and using Groovy in their every day programming.
The Gradle Goodness Notebook contains the blog posts about Gradle previously mentioned on my blog. The posts have been edited slightly so they can be used for the book. The book gives a broad overview of all the great features we can find in the Gradle build tool.
Latest update on October 6, 2021 with the following blog posts:
- Add But Do Not Apply Plugin Using Plugins Block
- Adding Task With Rule Based Model Configuration
- Creation Rules For Rule Based Model Configuration Using Model DSL
- Custom Plugin Repositories With Plugins DSL
- Delegate Build And Run Actions To Gradle In IntelliJ IDEA
- Get Model Report In Short Format
- Getting Project Information Into Rule Based Model Configuration
- Replacing << Operator For Tasks
- Set Default Values With Rule Based Model Configuration
- Show Hidden Model Objects
- Validate Model In Rule Based Model Configuration
- Passing Environment Variable Via Delegate Run Action In IntelliJ IDEA
- Run Task Ignoring Up-to-date Checks
- Check Operating System In Build Scripts
- Skip Task When Input Empty Using @SkipWhenEmpty Annotation
- Create Shortcut Key To Refresh Gradle Projects In IntellIJ IDEA
- Change Local Build Cache Directory
- Enable Build Cache For All Builds
- Using Incremental Task Action
- Command Line Options For Custom Tasks
- Enable Task Based On Offline Command Line Argument
- Generate Javadoc In HTML5
- Rerun Incremental Tasks At Specific Intervals
- Only Show All Tasks In A Group
- Manage Dependency Versions With Dependency Constraints
- Use bill of materials (BOM) As Dependency Constraints
- Stop Build After One Failing Test
- Replace Files In Archives
- Setting Plugin Version From Property In Plugins Section
- Shared Configuration With Conventions Plugin
- Add Support For "Scratch" Files To Java Project
- Create Properties File With WriteProperties Task
- Enabling Preview Features For Java
The book contains the following sections:
- Command line
- Java and Groovy
About the Author
Hello. I am a passionate Groovy and Java developer based in Tilburg, The Netherlands. My goal is to write software, like Pixar makes movies, BMW makes cars, Bang & Olufsen makes audio and TV systems and Apple makes computers and devices: clean, elegant, user-centered and high quality.
My name is Hubert A. Klein Ikkink. Not a very common name, right? To make things easier I just picked the first letters of my firstname and surname and came up with haki. So there you have it, now I am known as Mr. Haki or mrhaki for short.
In 2009 I started writing blog posts about Gradle with the name Gradle Goodness. These posts contain small snippets of code explaining core and exotic features of the Gradle build tool.