Going Serverless (The Book + Code)
This book is 83% complete
Last updated on 2017-10-10
About the Book
A serverless architecture approach replaces long-running virtual machines with ephemeral compute power that comes into existence on request and disappears immediately after use. With scalability and high availability baked in as well as a pay-what-you-use pricing model, serverless is taking software by storm!
- An event-driven image processing pipeline
- A scalable web scraper
- A full-stack serverless application
Each hands-on project is a real-life implementation of a serverless design pattern. Over the course of the projects you'll learn:
- How to create, develop, test, and deploy Serverless applications from planning to production.
- How to use a suite of AWS technologies such as: AWS Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, SNS, S3, IAM, Cloudwatch, and more.
- Serverless design patterns such as event-driven pipelines and fanning out work to be executed concurrently.
- Advanced topics such as authentication & authorization, monitoring, tracing, and error handling.
Who Should Read This Book?
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the book be completed?
The full version of the book will be released when it's done. The price of the book will increase the closer it gets to completion, so be sure to get it early!
What programming language is the book be using?
Which FaaS provider is the book be using?
Amazon Web Services (AWS.)
Is there source code available to accompany the material?
Yes. You will gain access to working code samples when you buy the Book + Code package. (Note that this book is still in progress.)
The Leanpub Unconditional, No Risk, 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms