Advent of Go Microservices
This book is 40% complete
Last updated on 2019-12-09
About the Book
Are you stuck writing boilerplate code for your microservice?
The book takes you on a 24 chapter adventure where you'll learn how to get rid of the chore work that is keeping you from actually writing your microservices. We'll resort to automation for taking care of your data structures, SQL migrations, API endpoints and routing, updating your documentation, along with CI and monitoring - all the things you need, but at the same time don't need to do by hand.
- About me
- Who is this book for?
- How should I study it?
- Linux and Docker
Go: Introduction to Protobuf: Messages
- Protobufs and Go
- Generating Protobuf Go code
- Wrapping up
Go: Introduction to Protobuf: Services
- Protobuf service definitions
- Our microservice
- Twitch RPC scaffolding
Go: Introduction to Protobuf: gRPC
- Generating the gRPC scaffolding
- Comparing the server side
- Comparing the client side
Make: Dynamic Makefile targets
- Building multiple targets with Go
- Dynamic Makefile target for building RPC/Protobuf files
- Building our services from cmd/
Bash: Poor mans code generation
- Generating our service cmd/ folders
- Generating the client for our service
- Server implementation
Bash: Embedding files into Go
- Planning database migrations
- Poor mans file embedding
Go: Scaffolding database migrations
- The migration API
Drone CI: Testing database migrations
- Configuring Drone CI for database integration tests
Go: Database first struct generation
- Database schema data structures and helpers
- Querying information schema
- Type conversions
- Moving forward
- Go: Dependency injection with Wire
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.