Getting Structured Data from Internet: Web Scraping and Rest APIs
About the Book
- 1. Introduction to web scraping: Why is web scraping essential and who uses web scraping?
- 2. Intro to web services to get structured data
- 2.1 Getting data from Twitter APIs
- 2.2 Getting stock market data from Alphavantage
- 3. Web scraping in python using Beautiful Soup library
- 3.1 Tags and structure of HTML documents
- 3.2 Cascading style sheets (CSS)
- 3.3 Building first scraper with Beautiful Soup
- 3.4 Scraping a HTML table into pandas dataframe
- 3.5 Scraping XML files from clinicaltrials.gov
- 5. Advanced Topics
- 5.1 Boilerplate text removal
- 5.2 Solving captchas
- 5.3 Extracting top keywords, and text summarization from scraped documents
- 5.4 Extracting names, entities from scraped documents
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...