About the Book
The book is aimed at those people who want to learn something new, learn about a framework that has very little documentation, who want to improve a skill in web development, who want to grow as a developer and who want to continue scaling their path with other frameworks superior to this one. As long as you meet at least some of the above considerations, this book is for you.
This book has a total of 21 chapters and consists of explanations and practices.
- This chapter is intended to explain the environment needed to develop in CodeIgniter 4.
- We take the first steps with the frameworks, we will know the official website of the framework, installation forms and advantages of each one of them, we install the framework, we will know the initial aspects on how to run the framework, configure a database, create our first components, the use of migrations for table management and we will see several cases on how to work with them, we will work with the MVC and create each of these components that define it from scratch, routing and of course, finishing the chapter with the traditional CRUD for one of our entities.
- It is a practice for you, in which you have to create another CRUD; putting into practice everything seen in the first chapter.
- You will know how to use the routes, grouped routes, their options and the different types.
- We will know the use of the session and also of the flash session to save data and present it to the user.
- You will learn to manage views in a reusable way.
- We will see how to use a more modular scheme when defining controllers for each type of module.
- We will know how to work with HTML forms and apply validations from the server side in CodeIgniter, knowing the types of validations, creating them and applying validations from the controller; to then finally show the errors by the view; we will also learn how to use helper functions particular to forms.
- We will learn more about models, some properties that we can define in them, the use of functions and common example cases.
- We will learn to use filters to intercept requests; as a practical case, we will create an authentication module with login for our application in which we will protect the management module or dashboard.
- In this chapter we build a Rest Api type CRUD that can be consumed with JSON or XML; being CRUD type operations and working mainly from the server side; It will be a process similar to the CRUD that we created in Chapter 2, but with some variations that are typical of this type of structure.
- In this chapter you will learn to generate test data with seeders which are ideal for when we are starting to develop.
- In this chapter we will learn how to handle the relational schema of the database in CodeIgniter; We will look at one-to-many and many-to-many relationships.
- In this chapter we are going to work with uploading files in our application, to upload images to our movie model.
- This chapter provides an introduction to the use of the libraries and help functions and how to use them.
- This chapter we will adapt Bootstrap 5 components in the application.
- This chapter we will create an end user module with list and detail page.
- This chapter we will make some changes in the Rest Api created previously to define additional methods such as upload, pagination, among others.
- App with Vue, coming soon.
- In this chapter we will learn how to integrate the PayPal platform in CodeIgniter, in order to process payments directly from the application.
- This chapter we will know how to integrate CodeIgniter shield to handle authentication and authorization; also, we will create a small project with which we will learn to manage groups and permissions.
By the end of the book, you will have the knowledge to create any basic application with the framework and know more than just the basics of it.
I invite you to visit my website:
And get to know my work.
About the Author
Pongo a tú disposición parte de mi aprendizaje, reflejado en cada una de las palabras que componen mis libros sobre el desarrollo de aplicaciones en general.