How to Get Started As a Technical Writer
This book is 90% complete
Last updated on 2016-02-23
About the Book
NOTE: This is the updated and much-expanded 2nd Edition of How to Get Started As a Technical Writer.In 2014, US News and World Report named technical writing one of the "50 Best Careers" in the world.
How to Get Started as a Technical Writer is a practical, personal, no-nonsense guide to preparing for and launching your career in technical writing. You won't find a lot of fluff or detailed instructions on how to write. Instead, you'll get concise, real-world information on what it *really* takes to break into the field. Take advantage of the author's 20+ years of industry experience to get answers to questions like:
- What is a technical writer?
- What does a typical day look like?
- What are the "must have" skills for a technical writer?
- How do I learn the skills and tools I need?
- What does the future of technical writing look like?
- Should I get more education? And, of course:
- How do I get experience and land my first job?
How to Get Started as a Technical Writer also includes an extensive list of useful web resources and a glossary of up-to-date technical writing terms.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...