About the Book
Note: This is not an Introductory book in C#. The reader must have at least a couple of years of C# experience. Please read the Sample pdf to get an idea about the content of the book.
This book contains the full content of the book "Practical functional C#" Don't buy both books.
This book is focused on the practical use of language-ext functional library in C#. We will break down the Sample projects and see where functional programming fits in modern Web Application development using Asp.Net Core and Domain Driven Design .
The paperback is also Available at Amazon Functional Programming in C#
This book goes beyond the introductory ideas of functional programming, while progressively building on practical examples in a comprehensive manner.
Each example is accompanied by online autonomous NET Fiddles :
which you can run fork and modify, in order to deepen your understanding of each section.
By the end of this book, you will have a deep understanding of the ideas behind functional C# that will allow you to program in a functional style with confidence. Also, you will have an overview of how famous functional libraries have implemented different functional concepts.
What you will learn:
- Go beyond the List.Select by understanding how to generalize the idea of map to Functors like Maybe, Either and Task<T>, etc.
- Go beyond the idea of List.Aggregate by understanding the concepts of fold and catamorphism over data structures.
- Learn how to combine functional ideas in order to solve practical problems.
- Use Monads like Maybe, Either, IO, and Task to chain computations.
- Get a deep understanding of recursive methods and learn how to define recursive methods on algebraic data structures.
About the Author
I have more than 14 years’ experience as full stack developer and Architect.
I Like to stay in touch with all the latest developments in the field, as well as the foundational Theoretical Computer science and algorithm Analysis and Design