About the Book
A Paperback version is now Available in Amazon - Functional Programming in TypeScript
This book goes beyond the introductory ideas of functional programming, while progressively building on practical examples in a comprehensive manner. Each example is accompanied by an online autonomous fiddle TypeScript code [ https://codesandbox.io/u/dimitris-papadimitriou-chr/sandboxes], which you can run fork and modify, in order to deepen your understanding of each section.
What you will learn:
- Go beyond the Array.map by understanding how to generalize the idea of map to Functors like Maybe, Either and Promises, etc.
- Go beyond the idea of Array.reduce by understanding the concepts of fold and catamorphism over data structures.
- Learn how to combine functional ideas in order to solve practical problems.
- Use Monads like Maybe, Either, IO, Continuations, and Promises to chain computations.
- Get a deep understanding of recursive methods and learn how to define recursive methods on algebraic data structures.
About the Author
I have more than 12 years’ experience as full stack developer and Architect.
I Like to stay in touch with all the latest developments in the field, as well as the foundational Theoretical Computer science and algorithm Analysis and Design