Last updated on 2014-04-19
About the Book
Freshman Murders is a "Nerder Mystery," which means that the detectives who solve these crimes are nerds–brilliant individuals whose social skills may not equal their skills in mathematics, computers, and science.
On the terrified campus of Hurlesburg U., Mathematics Professor and former NSA problem-solver Josh Rosemont, finds a young woman’s body in the woods. He is paralyzed by her resemblance to his murdered daughter. As the murders continue, he is enraged into action by an obstructive Dean. Teaming with his cop-turned-anthropologist wife, Carmela, and his four genius grad students, he sets out to prevent another murder.
Blending every skill and trick of their professions, Rosy's team hounds a twisted trail of false clues to uncloak the Dean’s sex scandal, decipher incriminating evidence in a billion-dollar swindle, and thwart the serial killer–a deranged student who believes raping and killing a potential suicide is not really murder.
But did they catch the real killer?
- Certainly Dead
- He could use your help.
- Rosy’s Residue Class
- Where the bodies go
- Let’s have a tour first.
- Ten dots. Twenty-two lines
- Secret key encryption
- Bad Kermit
- More anthropological than mathematical
- The mystical Mobius symbol
- Dried sunflowers
- MISS PIGGY
- Does she really eat grasshoppers?
- Washed by the Word
- Stop rationalizing!
- How can you sit there playing dominos?
- It’s much faster with a tiny clue.
- One-tenth of a septensexagintillion
- Crazy Harry was a mad bomber.
- It uses fuzzy logic
- But you didn’t? Why not?
- She wouldn’t kill a mosquito.
- The hidden universe inside your head
- There’s erased and then there’s really erased
- No bacon here
- The second interview
- Falling further behind
- Does C0421X mean anything to you?
- Everything is connected to everything else.
- It’s just a bunch of numbers.
- How about mathematics disorder?
- Sunk deeper than the Titanic
- The VAX operating system
- Psychobabble for suicide.
- A misuse of our profession.
- Maybe I need a Good One.
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Where is Sonia?
- It’s for your own good.
- Time to attend to your faculty duties
- The problem is the data.
- The NYC list
- Better than Nancy Drew
- Not that dog thing again.
- That’s how we write big numbers.
- Try to picture the janitorial process.
- Where’s Elsmere?
- Don’t forget your crayons.
- You can drink some of it, too.
- What took you so long?
- I know where they went.
- Five million dollars.
- Are we making any progress?
- Mahna Mahna, Do doo be-do-do
- It’s not the list.
- Archimedes. Bernoulli. Cantor. Dodgson.
- We’re saved!
- They’re not in the lodge?
- That was just a demonstration.
- I think this is a note.
- Upper Ohweetakah Dam
- Good thinking, Doris.
- He doesn’t know topology.
- The English is a different story.
- I think I broke my leg.
- My God. What a monster.
- You, little girl, are one nasty kitten.
- I’m going to deliver them personally.
- I’ll make you a rich man.
- Of course I’ll talk to the Commander-in-Chief.
- We might split it fifty-fifty.
- The explosives are becoming unstable.
- I have a lot to lose.
- Have you given up?
- The land of OJ and Martha Stewart
- There’s still time to stop it.
- Stupid is a two-edged sword.
- One of those TV vans is broadcasting!
- It’s your turn not to peek.
- They can’t wait.
- Dr. Awkward
- You sold out.
- Other books by Jerry Weinberg
- About the Author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.