Flow Control Patterns
Last updated on 2016-02-10
About the Book
- 1. The source code
- 2. Introduction
- 3. The Callback patterm
4. Orchestrating callbacks
- 4.1 Series
- 4.2 Parallel
- 4.3 Waterfall
- 4.4.1 Parallel iteration
- 4.4.2 Parallel, but with limit
- 5. Using a work queue
6. Using an event emitter
- 6.1 Consuming events
6.2 Producing events
- 6.2.1 How event emitter handles errors
- 6.3 Listening to events once
- 6.4 Synchronous event delivery
- 6.5 Event delivery exceptions
7.1 Readable stream
- 7.1.1 Creating a readable stream
- 7.1.2 Pull stream vs. push stream
- 7.2 Writable streams
- 7.3 Connecting streams using pipe
- 7.4 Flow control in streams
- 7.5 Transform streams
- 7.1 Readable stream
8. Pipe specialisation via feature detection
8.1 Analysing Mikeal/request
- 8.1.1 Wrapping .pipe()
- 8.1 Analysing Mikeal/request
- 9. Summary
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.