Figure It Out For Yourself
Figure It Out For Yourself
Living With Heart Disease and Other Small Challenges, Second Edition
About the Book
What do you do when you feel great and you love to run, but your doctor tells you there is risk of an arrhythmia and sudden cardiac death? The story centers around a two week period in December, 2014 when a marathon runner faced this question and figured out what he had to do to keep on running and give himself a chance to keep running his favorite race-- the Boston Marathon. Second Edition includes new Part II with new heart disease challenge and centers around a six week period in 2017.
Table of Contents
- About the Book
- Part I - Chapter One – Background
- Chapter Two – Setting the Stage for December
- Chapter Three – A Second Opinion
- Chapter Four – Finding Time in a Busy Life
- Chapter Five – Preparing for Week Two in New York City
- Chapter Six – The Lower Manhattan Hospital, Wednesday, December 10
- Chapter Seven – The Lower Manhattan Hospital, Thursday, December 11
- Chapter Eight – Personal Assessment and Lessons Learned
- Chapter Nine – Conclusion to Part I
- Chapter Ten – My Professional Life and Figuring Out What Works For Me
- Part II
- Chapter Eleven – A New Heart Diagnosis
- Chapter Twelve – Five Days in the Hospital
- Chapter Thirteen – The Next Two Weeks
- Chapter Fourteen – Pros and Cons of Going to a World Renowned Cutting Edge Electrophysiologist
- Chapter Fifteen – A More Difficult Decision Than First Thought
- Chapter Sixteen – Setting Priorities and Stepping Back to Reflect
- Chapter Seventeen – The Half Marathon Weekend in Manhattan
- Chapter Eighteen – Running Yourself from AFIB to Normal Rhythm
- Chapter Nineteen – A Theory and More Questions
- Chapter Twenty – Conclusion to Part II
- About the Author
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them