About the Book
This book is a work in progress. As we write more sections we'll raise the price, but if you buy now then you'll get all this extra content for free!
We took a great example of a legacy ASP.net and we're tearing it to pieces, fixing and improving it as we go. It's our hope that the end product will be a more stable, easier to adapt piece of software that is healthier than the original.
At the moment the book covers
- Initial code review of a project
- Converting a web site to a web application
- Updating C# dependencies
- Preventing SQL injection attacks
- Updating authentication
- Avoiding cross site scripting
- Preventing sensitive information disclosure
- Protecting yourself from cross site scripting attacks
- Checking redirects
We have plans for or partially written sections for
- Implementing master pages
- Adding new code (integrating MVC)
- Giving the UI a facelift
- Implementing builds
- How does all of this work with ASP.net 5?
We expect to publish new sections once a week.