Winning Strategies for Software Evolution
About the Book
Adopt winning strategies for migrating a large, monolithic, production Java class library to a coherent collection of OSGi modules. Learn how to refactor a Java project, refactor OSGi modules, how to refactor Java packages to improve benefits and rewards from adopting OSGi. Learn how to avoid using an activator class.
Examples are real-world, production-quality Java source code and resources, not invented just for the sake of this book. They are based on the free license and open source CjOS Project. This book highlights a few examples relevant to the discussion; but, you can review the entire project on-line. You can download and use its OSGi modules.
I Winning Strategies
- 1 Start Here
- 2 All classes are not created equal.
- 3 Plug-In Mechanism
- 4 Winning Strategy: Wrapper Module
- 5 Winning Strategy: Dependency Module
- 6 Winning Strategy: Moving Java source code
- 7 Winning Strategy: Create Custom URL Stream Handler Services
- 8 Winning Strategy: Reading Books on OSGi
- 9 Java Package Refactoring
- 10 Module refactoring
- 11 Common dependencies
- 12 Winning Strategy: Building a Bridge
- 13 Winning Strategy: Patching Instead of Replacing
- 14 Winning Strategy: Look at Other Applications
- 15 Winning Strategy: Use Declarative Services
- 16 Winning Strategy: Embracing OSGi
- 17 Winning Strategy: Deploying to Multiple Environments
II Case Studies
- 18 Case Study: Apache Commons-Compress API
- 19 Case Study: Eclipse IDE
- 20 Case Study: XVCL Workbench
- 21 Case Study: JNode
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.