Effective Software Architectures
This book is 85% complete
Last updated on 2018-09-26
About the Book
This book serves as learning guide for the iSAQB e.V. CPSA-F (Certified Professional for Software Architecture - Foundation Level) examination.
- explains the CPSA-Foundation curriculum
- describes the examination process
- explains the types of examination questions
- collects numerous references and links
- contains an extensive glossary of important terms
It explains many (examination-relevant) fundamentals, but is no extensive textbook, but assumes working knowledge and experience in practical software development.
- Revision History
- Preface to 2nd Edition
- Work in Progress
- How to read this book?
Part I: iSAQB Curriculum and Certification
I-1 iSAQB Software Architecture Certification
- The iSAQB e.V. Association
I-2 iSAQB Foundation Overview
- I-2.1 Structure of the Foundation Level Curriculum?
- I-2.2 What Does the CPSA-Foundation Level Achieve?
- I-2.3 Prerequisites for CPSA-F Certification
- I-2.4 Relevance of Topics for the Examination
- I-2.5 What is NOT Covered
I-3 iSAQB Foundation Curriculum in Detail
- Curriculum Chapter 1: Basic concepts of software architectures
- Curriculum Chapter 2: Design and Development of Software Architectures
- Curriculum Chapter 3: Specification and Communication of Software Architectures
- Curriculum Chapter 4: Software Architectures and Quality
- Curriculum Chapter 5: Tools for software Architects
- Curriculum Chapter 6: Examples of Software Architecture
I-4 Preparation for the Foundation-Level Certification
- I-4.1 Examination Process
- I-4.2 Types of Examination Questions
- I-5 Advanced Level Certification
- I-1 iSAQB Software Architecture Certification
Part II: Effective Software Architecture
II-1. Software Architecture and Software Architects
- II-1.1 Definition(s) of Software Architecture
- II-1.2 Goals of Software Architecture
- II-1.3 Role and Tasks of Software Architects
- II-1.4 How Much Architecture?
- II-1.5 Architecture and Development?
- II-2. Methodically Designing Software Architectures
II-3. Principles and Patterns of Software Architecture
- II-3.1 Design Principles
- II-3.2 Architecture Styles and Patterns
- II-3.3 Design Patterns
II-4. Communicating Software Architecture
- II-4.1 Architecture is More Than Code
- II-4.2 Communication, Documentation, Specification?
- II-4.3 Fundamental Requirements for Technical Documentation
- II-4.4 Use A Template for Communication
- II-4.5 Use Architectural Views
II-5. Analyzing and Evaluating Software Architectures
- II-5.1 Quantitative Evaluation
- II-5.2 Qualitative Evaluation
- II-1. Software Architecture and Software Architects
Part III: Appendices
- Appendix A: Glossary of Terms
- Appendix B: Further Reading
- Appendix C: Also From Gernot
- Appendix D: About the Author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.