This book is 85% complete
Last updated on 2020-02-26
About the Book
In the last years, I've helped numerous companies with implementing Angular based large scale enterprise applications. To handle the complexity of such applications, it's vital to decompose the whole system into smaller libraries.
However, if you end up with lots of libraries which are too much intermingled with each other, you don't win much. If everything depends on everything else, you cannot easily change or extend your system without introducing breaking changes.
Domain-driven Design, esp. it's discipline strategic design helps with this and it also can be the foundation for building micro frontends.
In this book, which bases upon several blog articles I've written about Angular, DDD, and Micro Frontends, I show how to use these ideas.
Workshops and Consultancy
- Case Studies
- Help Improve this Book.
- Trainings and Consultancy
Strategic Domain-Driven Design
- What is Domain-Driven Design?
- Finding Domains with Strategic Design
Implementing Strategic Design with Nx Monorepos
- Implementation with Nx
- Categories for Libraries
- Public APIs for Libraries
- Check Accesses between libraries
- Access Restrictions for a Solid Architecture
Tactical Domain-Driven Design with Angular and Nx
- Code Organisation
- Isolate the Domain
- Implementations in a Monorepos
- Builds within a Monorepo
- Entities and your Tactical Design
- Tactical DDD with Functional Programming
- Tactical DDD with Aggregates
- Stateless Facades
- Domain Events
From Domains to Microfrontends
- Deployment Monoliths
- Deployment monoliths, microfrontends, or a mix?
- UI Composition with Hyperlinks
- UI Composition with a Shell
- Finding a Solution
Six Steps to your Angular-based Microfrontend Shell
- Step 0: Make sure you need it
- Step 1: Implement Your SPAs
- Step 2: Expose Shared Widgets
- Step 3: Compile your SPAs
- Step 4: Create a shell and load the bundles on demand
- Step 5: Communication Between Microfrontends
- Step 6: Sharing Libraries Between Microfrontends
- About the Author
- Trainings and Consultancy
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.