End to end testing with Protractor (End to end testing with Protractor)
End to end testing with Protractor
Lessons learned about e2e test automation
About the Book
The idea of writing this book came as a way to gathering a collection of learnings during my career using the Protractor framework, to serve as a source of research for professionals that already use the tool or professionals and students that are interested in learning.
Table of Contents
- By Carmen Popoviciu
- By Stefan Teixeira
- What is Protractor?
- Pre-requirements to start
- Basic configurations
- Writing the first test
- Running the first test
- The importance of test results
- The AAA standard (Arrange, Act, Assert)
- General rules
- Project structure
- Locators strategies
- Page Objects
- Test suites
- Refactoring tests to use Page Objects
- Another example of Page Objects
- Creating and using wrapper Page Objects
Useful node modules
Actions and verifications
Visual review testing
- Integrating VisualReview with Protractor
- What to test and what not to test with Visual Review
- E2e testing in the continuous integration process
- Redefining the browser’s size
- Simulating a mobile device into the browser
- Using mobile devices simulators in the cloud
- Configuration file in ES2015
- Test files (spec files) in ES2015
- Page Objects and Helpers in ES2015
- directConnect - Using the browser’s own webdriver
- framework - Defining a base framework to write tests
- shardTestFiles - Running tests in parallel
- suites - Test suites
- beforeLaunch - Before any environment configuration
- onPrepare - Before running tests
- onComplete - As soon as tests are finished
- afterLaunch - After running tests
The software test creative process
- Defining test cases
- Evolving the test suite
- Organizing the test project for a evolving maintenance
- Evolving even more
- Test structure generator
- Jasmine facilities
- Debugging tests
- Testing non-AngularJS applications
- Tips for demos
- Overwriting configurations via command line
- Going further
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 million USDwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them