Ember Data in the Wild
Ember Data in the Wild
About the Book
Pro Ember Data (2021) with Apress
Ember Data in the Wild has been retired. If you're interested in learning more about Ember Data, please check out my new book Pro Ember Data published by Apress. Pro Ember Data has the polish of a professional publishing company along with brand new content.
Check it out on Amazon or the Apress site here: https://www.apress.com/us/book/9781484265604. It is expected to release in December 2020.
I hope you enjoy it. Please reach out to me on Twitter @iamdtang if you have any questions. Thanks for the support!
Chapter 1 - Welcome
- Why I Wrote This Book?
- My Promise
- Is This Book For Me?
- API Documentation
- Book Cover Designed by Arameh Mirzakhanian
- Get in Touch
Chapter 2 - Ember Data Overview
- Architectural Overview
- Model Attributes and Transforms
- The API
- Using the Store
Chapter 3 - Talking to APIs with Adapters
- Background Reloading
Chapter 4 - API Response Formats and Serializers
- The Job of the Serializer
- Using a Serializer
Chapter 5 - Common Adapter and Serializer Customizations
- Changing the RESTful URL Path
- Changing the URL for Certain Operations
- Mapping Differently Named Payload Keys to Model Attributes
- Mapping Foreign Keys to Relationships
- Setting the Primary Key
- Normalizing Responses
- Normalizing Responses by Store Call
- Normalizing Single Resource Objects
Chapter 6 - Writing an Adapter and Serializer from Scratch
- Our Custom Adapter and Serializer
- Finding All Records
- Finding a Single Record
- Creating Records
- Updating a Record
- Deleting a Record
Chapter 7 - Swapping the API with Local Storage
Chapter 8 - Nested Resource URL Paths and Relationship Links
- How Relationship Links Work
- When APIs Don’t Return Relationship Links
Chapter 9 - Working with Nested Data and Embedded Records
- Declaring Attributes Without Transforms
- Embedded Records
Chapter 10 - Handling Custom Error Responses
- Validation Errors
- Controlling the Invalid Status Code
- Controlling Error Response Payloads
- Other Error Types
Chapter 11 - Testing Adapters and Serializers
- Testing Adapters
- Testing Serializers
Chapter 12 - Common Customizations with JSON:API
- Changing Attribute Casing
- Overriding a Resource Object’s Type
- Overriding HTTP Methods
Chapter 13 - Consuming the Reddit API
- The Reddit APIs We Will Use
- Fetching Posts in a Subreddit
- Fetching a Subreddit’s Details
- Chapter 14 - Goodbye
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.