About the Book
Publishing your words has never been easier than it is today. Blogging means you can have your words read by thousands of people within minutes of writing them. Even publishing a book has become considerably easier through self publishing. There are many tools and publishers that allow you to get started for little or no money. Still, getting started can be confusing, and that is what this book is about.
In this book, I will show you the workflow and tools I use to publish my books. The three main tools involved are:
- The GNU Emacs editor together with Org-mode for writing, editing and exporting your text;
- GitHub or Bitbucket to store your book files.
- Leanpub for typesetting, previewing, publishing and selling your work.
The following are optional, but highly recommended for making the workflow more automated and consistent:
- Some CI/CD tool (e.g. CircleCI) for automating the typesetting, previewing and publication process;
- Hammerspoon (if you are using a Mac) for monitoring book builds.
To illustrate the process and provide you with a starting point, the source repository for this book is available at https://github.com/zzamboni/emacs-org-leanpub. I am populating the repository live as I write this book!
About the Author
I am a computer scientist, consultant, programmer, sysadmin, author and overall geek, with a passion for computer security and automation. I am from Mexico and live in Switzerland.