ElasticSearch Quick Start
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2015-04-06
About the Book
This book is intentionally short. While there are several books about ElasticSearch that will teach you just about everything this book doesn't try to do that. Instead it's goal is to get you as a developer or user of ElasticSearch started quickly. As such you won't find much theory or anything about configuring ElasticSearch for production use in this book. What you will find though is tutorials focusing on the basics as well as the (in my opinion) most common use cases.
After reading this book my goal is that you should know:
- How to install ElasticSearch and how to communicate with it
- How to index and remove documets
- How to search for documents and aggregate data from them
- How to create mappings, including dynamic mappings
- About the book and feedback
- Installing ElasticSearch
- Marvel and Sense
- Curl syntax
- Hello world
- Getting by ID
- Deleting documents
- JSON objects in documents
- The _search endpoint
- The search request body and ElasticSearch’s query DSL
- Basic free text search
- Retrieving only parts of documents
- Dynamic mapping
- More on dynamic mapping
- An example
- Multiple aggregations in a single request.
- Bucket and metric aggregations
- What are aggregations good for?
- Combining aggregations and filters
- Post filter
- The update API
- The bulk API
- Multi get
- Delete by query
- Time to live
The nested type mapping
- Including nested values in parent documents
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.