About the Book
100+ Workflow Upgrades. Each can be learned in as little as 5 minutes, but will save you hours over time.
- Learn novel solutions to common problems in Rails apps. From the database to the view and everything in between.
- Learn best practices for building out the frontend of your Rails application. We'll cover technologies like Sass, jQuery, Turbolinks and even React.
- You spend lots of time in the terminal, so make sure it's time well spent! Learn how to customize your terminal for optimal efficiency.
- Forget puts. Learn advanced bug squashing techniques to get to the root of the problem quickly and get on with your day.
- Since Git is key part of nearly all Rails developers' workflows, we'll cover some advanced time-saving techniques that will make working with Git a breeze.
- Writing tests for your Rails app is essential, but the process is far from painless. Learn how to get the most out of tools like RSpec, Factory Girl, Capybara and more.
WHAT EXACTLY IS A WORKFLOW UPGRADE?
A Workflow Upgrade is a way to do something you're already doing, but better. Usually, faster and with fewer steps. These upgrades will make you look feel like a superhero when that person looking over your shoulder asks "how did you do that?!"
Want a Sample Chapter?
Read a chapter for free at EfficientRails.com!
About the Author
Andrew is a Lead Software Engineer at Helium, a Google Ventures-backed IoT startup.
Previously, he led a team at Munchery, a Food-Tech startup, building complex culinary tools, and before that, co-founded a startup in the home and commerical security space.
A Chicago native, he currently lives in San Francisco where he enjoys hiking, drinking whiskey and playing nerdy board games.