Resources and Worksheets for Adventurous Instructors
About the Book
Table of Contents
- Approaching calculus through an earth-lens
- Lines: A linear beginning
- Composition of functions: group work and a power function for atmospheric pressure
- Trigonometric functions: lynx!
- Reading graphs: nitrates in the Raccoon River
- Limits and continuity: drugs in our waterways
- Inverse functions: revisiting the mountains
- Volume and area: White Bear Lake
- Increasing and decreasing: nitrates in the Raccoon River
Using short projects
- Incorporating short projects
- Spreadsheets in the calculus classroom: Point Reyes tidal data
- Rate of change: aquifers and groundwater
- Rate of change: White Bear Lake surface level
- Rates of rates of change: atmospheric pressure in mountains
- Graphing: the mathematical stories
- The chain rule: a better model for lynx populations
- Inverses and derivatives: more altitude problems
- Derivatives mix: drugs in our waterways
- Optimization: give me some optimal sugar!
- Related rates: compost oh compost
- Derivation of equation for atmospheric pressure
Integration and differential equations
- Numerical integration: drinking drugs in Denver
- Differential equations: our leaky atmosphere
- Sea ice: a very baby model
- Other calc resources
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them