Last updated on 2015-03-22
About the Book
- Approaching calculus through an earth-lens
- Lines: A linear beginning
- Composition of functions: group work and a power function for atmospheric pressure
- Trigonometric functions: lynx!
- Reading graphs: nitrates in the Raccoon River
- Limits and continuity: drugs in our waterways
- Inverse functions: revisiting the mountains
- Volume and area: White Bear Lake
- Increasing and decreasing: nitrates in the Raccoon River
Using short projects
- Incorporating short projects
- Spreadsheets in the calculus classroom: Point Reyes tidal data
- Rate of change: aquifers and groundwater
- Rate of change: White Bear Lake surface level
- Rates of rates of change: atmospheric pressure in mountains
- Graphing: the mathematical stories
- The chain rule: a better model for lynx populations
- Inverses and derivatives: more altitude problems
- Derivatives mix: drugs in our waterways
- Optimization: give me some optimal sugar!
- Related rates: compost oh compost
- Derivation of equation for atmospheric pressure
Integration and differential equations
- Numerical integration: drinking drugs in Denver
- Differential equations: our leaky atmosphere
- Sea ice: a very baby model
- Other calc resources
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...