Last updated on 2015-03-22
About the Book
- Approaching calculus through an earth-lens
- Lines: A linear beginning
- Composition of functions: group work and a power function for atmospheric pressure
- Trigonometric functions: lynx!
- Reading graphs: nitrates in the Raccoon River
- Limits and continuity: drugs in our waterways
- Inverse functions: revisiting the mountains
- Volume and area: White Bear Lake
- Increasing and decreasing: nitrates in the Raccoon River
Using short projects
- Incorporating short projects
- Spreadsheets in the calculus classroom: Point Reyes tidal data
- Rate of change: aquifers and groundwater
- Rate of change: White Bear Lake surface level
- Rates of rates of change: atmospheric pressure in mountains
- Graphing: the mathematical stories
- The chain rule: a better model for lynx populations
- Inverses and derivatives: more altitude problems
- Derivatives mix: drugs in our waterways
- Optimization: give me some optimal sugar!
- Related rates: compost oh compost
- Derivation of equation for atmospheric pressure
Integration and differential equations
- Numerical integration: drinking drugs in Denver
- Differential equations: our leaky atmosphere
- Sea ice: a very baby model
- Other calc resources
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.