About the Book
Reg "Raganwald" Braithwaite has been working as a professional software developer since 1986, in roles ranging from Sorceror's Apprentice to Vice-President, Development. This fashionably slim book collects his very best essays about finding and building success as a professional software developer (34 pages).
I read @raganwald's "Do what you love" eBook in a single sitting. Purchase and read it if you haven't already.—Karthik Hariharan, @hkarthink
...Best freelance advice i ever got was from @raganwald 10 years ago, at Starbucks: "Some people aren't qualified to be your clients"—Derek Martin
Manufactured from nearly 100% recycled blog posts.
Read more Read less
Table of Contents
Making Career Choices
- Why You Need a Degree to Work For BigCo
- No Disrespect
- Interlude: You and Your Research
- How to get your first job developing software
- I heard you twice the first time
- The single most important thing you must do to improve your programming career
Interviews (and Job Hunting)
- Canadian Women Are Waiting For You
- The Mother of All Interview Questions
- My favourite interview question
- Interlude: Idiocracy
- Take control of your interview
- Are you thinking of working for a start up?
- Should you submit your resumé through a recruiter?
- Disclosing your compensation
- About The Author
Read More Read Less