How to Do What You Love & Earn What You’re Worth as a Programmer
Last updated on 2013-10-01
About the Book
Reg "Raganwald" Braithwaite has been working as a professional software developer since 1986, in roles ranging from Sorceror's Apprentice to Vice-President, Development. This fashionably slim book collects his very best essays about finding and building success as a professional software developer (34 pages).
I read @raganwald's "Do what you love" eBook in a single sitting. Purchase and read it if you haven't already.—Karthik Hariharan, @hkarthink
...Best freelance advice i ever got was from @raganwald 10 years ago, at Starbucks: "Some people aren't qualified to be your clients"—Derek Martin
Manufactured from nearly 100% recycled blog posts.
Making Career Choices
- Why You Need a Degree to Work For BigCo
- No Disrespect
- Interlude: You and Your Research
- How to get your first job developing software
- I heard you twice the first time
- The single most important thing you must do to improve your programming career
Interviews (and Job Hunting)
- Canadian Women Are Waiting For You
- The Mother of All Interview Questions
- My favourite interview question
- Interlude: Idiocracy
- Take control of your interview
- Are you thinking of working for a start up?
- Should you submit your resumé through a recruiter?
- Disclosing your compensation
- About The Author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.