This book is 33% complete
Last updated on 2019-08-18
About the Book
Domain Storytelling means that we let domain experts tell us stories about their tasks. While listening, we record the stories using a pictographic language. The domain experts can see immediately whether we understand their story correctly. After very few stories, we are able to talk about the people, tasks, tools, work objects, and events in that domain.
This book is an in-depth guide on how to use Domain Storytelling. It provides the means to use and adapt Domain Storytelling for different purposes, for example:
- Crunch domain knowledge: Use Domain Storytelling to bring together domain experts from different departments, cross department boundaries and challenge assumptions. Work your way down from big-picture overviews to in-depth domain analysis.
- Find good boundaries for your software: Domain Stories help to break down a domain into manageable slices. These are useful for splitting a monolith into modules, for designing microservices, and finding context boundaries in Domain-driven Design.
- Domain Stories help you to determine which classes and methods you need to express your domain knowledge in code.
- Derive requirements from Domain Stories to bridge the gap between domain knowledge and software development.
- Support organizational change by making transparent how a new software system will change the way how people work.
This book is in progress. We appreciate your feedback!
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.