Docker for Developers
Docker for Developers
About the Book
This preliminary version of the book focuses on the basic knowledge of Docker. It starts by briefly explaining the infrastructure of the solution, through its architecture, installation, basic commands, understanding and construction of images and containers, use of advanced commands, even manipulation of cloud environments.
We have taken care not to deepen our understanding of Docker infrastructure issues, as many of them should not be a priority for developers who are starting to use Docker for their core business.
- Best regards,
- How to read this book
- Why using Docker?
- What is Docker?
- Setting up on GNU/Linux
- Setting up on MacOS
- Setting up on Windows
- Running a container
- Checking the list of containers
- Managing containers
- Creating your own image on Docker
- Understanding storage on Docker
- Understanding the network on Docker
- Using Docker in multiple environments
- Managing multiple Docker containers with Docker Compose
- How to use Docker without GNU/Linux
- Turning your application into a container
- Backing services
- Build, release, run
- Port binding
- Development/production parity
- Admin processes
Tips for using Docker
- Tips for running
- Best practices to build images
- Container or virtual machine?
- Useful commands
- Can I run GUI applications?
Are you linting your Docker file? You should…
- How can I do that?
- My process is manually done, how do I do that?
- My process is automated, how do I do that?
- Understanding the lint result
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.