About the Book
Newly updated for Django 2.1 and Python 3.7.
REST APIs with Django teaches how to build robust web APIs with Python and Django. An existing Django site can be transformed into an API in a matter of minutes but in this book we'll go well beyond the basics and build three progressively more complex APIs: a Library API, Todo API connected to a React front-end, and a Blog API featuring user authentication, permissions, documentation, and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1: Web APIs
- Chapter 2: Library website and API
- Chapter 3: Todo API
- Chapter 4: Todo React Front-end
- Chapter 5: Blog API
- Chapter 6: Permissions
- Chapter 7: User Authentication
- Chapter 8: Viewsets and Routers
- Chapter 9: Schemas and Documentation
About the Author