About the Book
The internet is powered by RESTful APIs. With the combination of the Django web framework and Django Rest Framework, software developers can build robust web APIs in the Python programming language with a minimal amount of code.
If you already know basic Django you can transform your websites into APIs in a matter of minutes. In this book we'll go well beyond the basics and to build at Todo API and a Blog API. We will learn how to connect a backend API to any frontend (such as React). And dive into advanced topics like user authentication, permissions, tests, documentation, and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
* Chapter 1: HTTP
* Chapter 2: REST Architecture
* Chapter 3: Todo API
* Chapter 4: Todo React Frontend
* Chapter 5: Blog API
* Chapter 6: Authentication
* Chapter 7: Permissions
* Chapter 8: User Authentication
* Chapter 9: Viewsets and Routers
* Chapter 10: Testing
* Chapter 11: Schemas and Documentation
About the Author