The Inclusive Event
Last updated on 2015-05-21
About the Book
Organizing events is hard work. It takes a lot of time. It's expensive. It's nerve-wracking. And it represents a lot of risk - what if no one shows up? What if we don't get good speakers? What if the wifi goes down? This leaves many organizers forgetting about the most important part of organizing - the experiences people have at the event.
Through the use of practical advice based on over 10 years of tech event organizing experience The Inclusive Event takes the guess work out of increasing diversity on stage and in seats, while encouraging repeat attendance and positive press.
Topics covered include:
- Removing bias from speaker selection.
- Creating community ownership over diversity initiatives.
- Selecting an accessible venue.
- How to provide child care, sign language interpreters, and more on a budget.
- Providing meals while being sensitive to dietary restrictions and allergies.
- Creating effective policies around conduct and responding to poor behavior.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...