Last updated on 2015-06-16
About the Book
Introduction: History’s Relevance to Digital Disruption
- Disruption Isn’t New
- Disrupting How Knowledge is Shared and Evolved
Moving Backwards with the Internet
- The internet remembers everything
- Rumors about vaccines and autism
- The printing press invents virality
- The internet vs the printing press
Let’s Not Disrupt Child Labor
- How is child labor practiced and supported today?
- The rise of child labor
- What would it take to disrupt child labor?
- Changing frames of reference
- Rise of identity
- Multiple identities and frames of reference
- Rejecting the one-frame world
Fashioning Your Identity
- Enslavement to an Icon in the 1920s
- The Digital Age: a changing frame of reference
- A new market is born
- The democratization of fashion: cultural implications
- The turning point
Digital Identity Subjected to Social Darwinism
- Identity: The colonizers and the colonized
- A globalized and diversified identity
- Identity: the “adaptable people” and the “masses”
- A globalized but disruptive identity
Blood In Our Eyes: How Violence Unites and Divides Our Identities
- Violence unites us
- How violence divides us
- Violence: a sanitized catalyst for identity
- SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS
Standard Fare: Establishing the Digital Classroom
- What are open educational resources?
- What would the benefits be?
- Why is standardization important?
- What would a digital classroom look like?
Whack-A-Pirate: The Economic Game of Digital Piracy
- The face of digital piracy
- Pirates then, pirates now
- Digital disruptive scurvy
- Woodes Rogers, pirate exterminator extraordinaire
- Stopping digital piracy
- THE CROWD 2.0
- What is broadcast search crowdsourcing?
- Crowd collaboration in the Enlightenment
- Crowdsourcing and Enlightenment-level disruption
- Crowdsourcing and collaboration in the digital age
- What was Reformation 1.0?
- The participatory culture of Reformation 2.0
- Disrupting ideas from the past
Artistic Expression in a Digital World
- A digital wrecking ball
- A history of rejection
- After the dust settles
- Embracing the Future
Patrons of the Digital Renaissance
- Art in the digital age
- Theory of the Long Tail
- Artists and patrons during the renaissance
- Digital patronage today
- Patron’s provide validation and structure
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.