Modern Enterprise Web Applications
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2016-02-29
About the Book
If you thought all the web start ups get to use the new cool tools and frameworks, then you are wrong. They are more similar to enterprise organisations than you would think. Both the cool start ups and enterprise suffer from similar problems; ever changing requirements, tight deadlines and a very tight budget to boot. By using the same tools and frameworks and utilizing methodologies such as agile and lean, it is now easier than ever to get an application from specification into the end users hands in no time at all.
Now that would make the CEO very happy.
Chapter 1: Current Modern Web Development for Enterprises
- Microsoft .Net
- Problems with Current Enterprise Applications
- Buying In or Bespoke Development
Chapter 2: Data Gathering
- Using Ubiquitous Language
- Mapping User Domain Language to System Domain Language
- Simplify Abbreviations
- Documentation Under Version Control
- Using the Domain Natural Language to Generate a Specification using SpecFlow
- System settings and configuration
- Key Stakeholders
- User Stories
Chapter 3: Development Methodologies
- Fast Development Using Agile and Lean
- Joining up Agile and Lean
- Minimum Viable Product
- Get It Out There Fast
- Validated Learning
- Scrum Framework
- Estimating the work
- Daily stand-ups
- Role of the Scrum master
- Separate Out Back End For Reuse - Or Introduce Service Layers
Chapter 4: Tools and Frameworks
- Front End Frameworks
- Model View Controller (MVC)
- Model View Presenter (MVP)
- MV* Frameworks
- Setting up a base image for software development
- Logging Exceptions As Well As Usage
Chapter 5: Testing
- Unit Testing
- Test Driven Development
- A/B Testing (Split Testing)
- End User Testing
Chapter 6: Deployment
- Continuous Integration
- Creating a Continuous Build with TeamCity
- Continuous Deployment
- Website Optimization
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.