Last updated on 2017-06-08
About the Book
This book is about how to achieve constistent delivery (and avoid disaster).
The four core sections are
- The Delivery - How to ensure a clear closure of your project. Deliver with a bang - don't sizzle and die.
- The Team - How to build a world-class team of the guys you have.
- The Matrix - Operating in the political force-field in international companies/organizations.
- The Project Manager - Which project is the right project for you? Zooming in on value alignment and choices.
The project management principles are illustrated with real-life stories from projects all over the world. You get to hear about the leadership collisions in Moscow, the secretive engineer in Shanghai and the surprising request to "Eat less cakes!".
In the book you also find interviews with world-leading international project leaders from different industries, sharing their best tips.
- The Fantastic Feeling of Delivery
- Project Pitfalls
- Your Value Base
- Reader’s Guide
- Example Stories
- Privacy and Names
- Additional Material
- … or not done?
- Delivery Package
- What’s in the delivery? Was this what we agreed on?
- False Progress
- What’s left - Sustainable Value
- Your Team - the Ones who Make it Happen
- Get the Right People on the Bus
- Communication is Critical
- Cross-Cultural Confusion
- Culture and Teams
- Culture and Symbols
- Language Barrier
- Physical Distance
- Multisite Nightmares
- The Force Field
- The Formal Organization - Governance
- The Informal Organization - The Invisible Power Structures
- Deviations and Decisions
- Steering Committee Meetings
- Your Influence
- Commitment and Ownership
- Perception of Time
- Conflicts of Interest
The Project Leader
- The Right Project for You
- Why do You Run Projects?
- Your Needs vs. Company Needs
- Misalignment gives Mediocrity
- Organizational Alignment - Are You at the Right Place?
- Build Value Alignment - Start with Your Boss
- Challenge and Grow
- The Challenge
- You Proact
- Next Steps
Tools and Templates
- Team Tools
- Planning Tools
- Meeting Templates
- Stakeholder Map
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.